Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like.......

Our Christmas season started officially when Lindsay bought and gave me my first Christmas present. Don't worry there was no Christmas cheating going on (Lindsay told me to write that and I'm not sure what it means so I'm assuming the Abels will understand). I am the proud owner of a Redline Monocog 29er. We have been looking for a bike for me for a while and now I can go "running" with Lindsay without doing that which I am morally oppossed... running.


You may wonder "Justin, you mentioned you live in a small studio apartment in San Francisco. How do you have room for a mountain bike made for a 6'4" man?" We may wonder the same thing........ Lindsay has actually been great about having this monstrousity jamming up our hallway. I love having a bike again and am looking forward to losing a little more of my rootbeer belly.





Another sign of the Christmas season.....

We have started decorating our apartment. I found some mini Christmas lights and decorated our own little Sherwood forest.




Also on the list of decorations for the Eagar studio;

An Oregon Christmas Tree (probably a Noble fir). We are driving to Oregon this weekend to continue a long time Eagar tradition of cutting down our own Christmas Tree.

A Christmas train circling overhead in our livingroom.

Christmas Lights EVERYWHERE!!!!!

I haven't told Lindsay yet but I have this great idea for a Santa Cutout hanging out of our 3rd story window.

Gingerbread Village made by Lindsay. (she said I could have a tractor)

Last but not least TINSEL EVERYWHERE (just kidding we think Tinsel was created by Satan to distract us from the real meaning of Christmas).




As you can tell we are very excited for the Christmas Season. We are also excited to see so many of you and enjoy this happy time together.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!!!

3 comments:

kara schmidt said...

Justin you are pretty funny...I am so happy you found the bike of your dreams

Jesse said...

LOL!!! That post was very "Land of Lakes".

Oh, and I had NOOOOOOO Idea that you both were living in S.F. I thought you were in Oregon. I'm so sad b/c we MOS DEF would've visited(stayed) w/ you guys while attending the bluegrass fest. Seriously, we had NO place to stay, and I felt like a loser. Everyone we knew was either out of town or not returning our calls. I would've LOVED to invited ourselves over and eat all the icecream and cookies and prunes in the house.

Jo Mama said...

"[L]ittle Sherwood forest" eh?

Please, if you will, remind us what the crap Sherwood Forest has to do with Christmas...

I thought Sherwood Forest was where Robin Hood lived with Little John and his merry men...

Hey, has anyone seen the Sheriff of Nottingham around?